Your privacy is very important to us. We follow systematic and stringent procedures to protect the security of the information / data stored on our website/app. The information that you have shared on our website/app is stored in secure server with encryption and can be accessed only for official purposes. Any of our employees who violate our privacy and/or security policies related to customer’s data is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
On signing up on our website/app, you are required to provide us with certain basic information inter-alia including your e-mail id and name. Once the registration is completed, the said e-mail id can be used to access your account every time you visit our website/app.
Information we collect and that you provide:
We collect information that is either anonymous or personally identifiable. When you visit our site to read or download information, we collect and store the name of the domain from which you access the internet, the date and time you access our site and the internet address of the website/app from which you link to our site, the search terms you enter into our search utility, browser software and internet service provider you use and any other relevant information, in order to improve security, analyze trends and administer the site. Our analytic tools may also capture anonymous information such as your demographic and geographic information, with a view to assist us in improving customer experience. We use this information to evaluate traffic patterns on our site, so that we can make it more useful to our visitors. The information we learn from you helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at our website/app. We may disclose to third party services certain personally identifiable information such as name, email, mobile phone number, device information, location and network carrier so that we can personalize the app for you and perform behavioral analytics. Set out below are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website/app or give us in any other way, including but not limited to Name, gender, email id, telephone number, mobile number, course details, grade etc. in case you are a student or in the event you are registered as a tutor, the information that we collect would inter-alia include your name, school, school year, academic major, tutoring experience, listed interests, tutoring subjects, additional information on your tutoring areas of expertise etc. You can choose not to provide certain information, but in such event you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our website/app, and communicating with you. Customer needs to fill all the mandatory information for placing an order with us. We may, as required or permitted by law or in the course of performing our regulatory responsibilities, provide personally identifiable information, such as your name and address, or any other information that you provide, without your permission to persons or organizations that request this information. Scholr has the right to share limited details regarding the tutor and the student subscriber with each other as per the requirement. However, at no instance, the tutor or the student subscriber are allowed to share personal information of any kind with each other in the course of tutoring or otherwise. Any such act would be considered as a violation of this policy and the accounts and services availed by respective parties will be suspended / cancelled at the sole discretion of Scholr.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many website/apps, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our website/app or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Scholr on other website/apps.
- E-mail Communications: Registration to our Services shall entitle us to send you promotional and transactional emails from us. Subscription to our newsletters entitles us to send you periodic newsletters and promotional emails. If you do not want to receive e-mails or any other communication from us, you may unsubscribe by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ at the footer of any email received from us. Alternately, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SMS and Voice Communications: Upon subscribing to any services on our website/app, we shall be entitled to use your registered mobile number on the website/app to send transaction related SMS/Voice calls to you, irrespective of DND services being activated on your mobile. We may occasionally send promotional SMS/Voice Calls to your registered mobile number. Customer hereby authorizes us to send
transactional SMS/Voice calls to his registered number, even if the number is registered for DND “Do not Disturb” service.
- Information from Other Sources: We may also receive relevant information from other sources and use such information for providing better customer experience.
- Payment Information: We do not take Credit/Debit card or Net banking details on our website/app. On clicking the option Pay Now, you will be redirected to either Secure Payment Gateway or Bank’s Net Banking website/app for completing the transaction. You will then be required to enter your relevant card details or net banking details on the page to complete the transaction. On successful completion of the transaction, you will be redirected to our website/app with your order details and order number being displayed. It is to be noted that we will not be storing any Bank related information on our records and none of our staffs will hold or be exposed to this information.
- Information to Tutors: If you register to use the Services as a Tutor, your name, school, school year, academic major, tutoring experience, listed interests, tutoring subjects, additional information on your tutoring areas of expertise that you provide via the Services SNS profile picture (or other profile picture provided by you), and current online/office status may be publicly viewable via the Site.
Our website/app places a cookie on your device. A "cookie" is a file which allows us to track and target the interests of users. In addition, our website/app uses third party cookies from Google Analytics for Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our website/app.
While we recommend that users enable cookies on their devices in order to enjoy all the features of our website/app, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. Users can opt-out of the advertising features by changing the ad Settings for mobile apps in their respective devices.
In order to ensure easy and comfortable surfing on our website/app, each time you visit our website/app, the server collects certain statistical information. These statistics are only used to provide us information in relation to the type of user using our website/app by maintaining history of page viewed and at no point they identify the personal details of the user. We may make use of this data to understand as to how our website/app is being used.
CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
If you wish to close your account with one of our Services, please send your request to email@example.com and we will remove your Personal Information and Profile, if applicable, from the active databases for the Service(s) you request. Please let us know which Service(s) you wish to close and send your request using an email account that you have registered with Scholr under your name. You typically will receive a response to a request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within five business days of our receiving it. Requests to change your email preferences or unsubscribe from all emails may not be made through this email address, but rather must be submitted through one of the channels set out in the previous section.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Certain content provided through the Services may be hosted and served by third parties, which may include third party widgets (such as those that allow you to "like" or "share" content with third party web sites and online services). In addition, the Services may link to third party web sites or content over which Scholr has no control and which are governed by the privacy policies and business practices of those third parties. In addition, third-party partners of Scholr from whom your order through the Services may have different privacy policies which apply to such partner's use of your information. These third parties may independently collect data. Scholr is not responsible for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party.
Social Media Widgets
Usage by Children
Note about Children: Our Services are general-audience in nature and are not intended for individuals younger than the age of 13.
All children should seek the consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their parents and other family members online.
You can visit this site without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, some pages on this site may require registration/Login to access. We collect this information to better understand your needs and provide you with better services. If you choose not to provide the information, you may still access the other pages of this site. To access certain services or offerings you may be requested for personal information to enable us to contact you from time to time by either email, mobile, postal mail or other means; to provide you with the information about the Services offered by us, special deals and promotions that may possibly be of interest to you; to measure consumer interest in our products and Services; to customize the user experience; enforce the legal terms or any subscriber agreement which govern your subscription for Services; perform market research; offer you extension of Services; or to detect and protect against error, fraud and other criminal activity. While providing such information you accept that we may use personal information about you to improve the site, review the usage of the site, the content and design of the site, improve our promotional efforts, the product offerings and services.
Should you need to update or correct the information you provided, you may log in to your Account and update the same from ‘My Account’ section.
Scholr at its discretion may update this policy from time to time and you are advised to read the policy every time you access our website/app.
Third Party Links
Scholr does not endorse or guarantee any third party links found on this website/app. The Services offered on third party sites are not Services of Scholr, and Scholr cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by the linked sites. You should not consider Scholr linking to any website/app to be an endorsement by Scholr, or any of its employees, or the sponsors of the site or the information or products presented on that site.
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. When we collect data through our website/app, we collect your personal details on a secured server. The payment details are entered on the Payment Gateway’s or Bank’s page on a secured SSL. The data is transferred between Bank and gateways in an encrypted manner.
Scholr utilizes various information security measures such as firewalls, encrypted data transmission and other security techniques to protect your personal data. However, please keep in mind that transmitting information via the internet is never completely secure and thus any information submitted may be intercepted, collected, used or disclosed by others. As per our security procedures we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. We are not responsible for the security or confidentiality of communications you send to us through the internet using email messages.
Safety and Security Tips
Protect your passwords.
- Keep your passwords private. Anybody who knows your password can access your account;
- When creating a valid password, use letters, numbers and symbols and it should be 6-15 characters long. Avoid using dictionary words, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. Frequent change of your password also ensures better protection to your account;
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts;
- If you are logging in from a public computer or terminal, always log out when you complete an online session instead of closing the page.
Ensure your Personal Computer is protected:
- Fraudsters may send genuine-looking emails that contain viruses. These viruses install a malicious code on your Computer without your knowledge and extract your confidential information that you use to access your online profile / account etc.;
- Tips to bear in mind:
- Keep your computer updated with latest anti-virus / anti-spyware software;
- Install a personal firewall on your computer to protect your account;
- Do not click on links or open attachments in unknown or unsolicited (spam) emails.
Consent to Transfer
The Services are operated in India. If you are located outside of India, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in India. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in India, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
Use of the Scholr logo is not permitted on another entity's website/app or printed materials without prior written consent. To request logo usage, send an email with detailed information about the proposed use to email@example.com.